For anyone who has invested in a plastic surgery procedure, you might be extra motivated to extend the results of your surgery by implementing healthful habits. This is a transformative approach to maintaining your hard-won results after expending time, energy, and money to having this work done. Whether you have had a facelift, breast augmentation, liposuction, or other fat removal procedure, you want to help your results last!
Looking and Feeling Your Best After Plastic Surgery
- Maintain healthy habits: Tobacco harms your body, skin and healing abilities. Avoid this habit before you even have surgery so that your body can heal effectively and then keep up the good work post-surgery. Why? Smoking damages collagen and lowers healthy blood flow throughout your body. Alcohol is another harmful substance that can undermine your surgical results. It dehydrates your skin, interferes with getting good sleep and even makes your skin break out. Speaking of sleep, maintain the regenerative benefits provided by sleep by going to bed at a consistent time every night to get restorative sleep!
- Keep an eye on your skin post-surgery: Following our surgeon’s aftercare instructions ensures minimal scarring and keeps your skin healthier. Start by keeping the affected area clean without using harsh cleaners before your surgical site is ready for that. Gently cleaning the area speeds healing, and you want the incision site to heal and the scars to continually fade. Stay out of the sun and wear sunscreen if you do go out. Apply any creams and ointments our surgeon recommends.
- Skincare to preserve your surgical results: Clean your skin and remove makeup every day and wear sunscreen even in the wintertime. You can boost your skin-protecting efforts by wearing sunglasses or a hat to keep out damaging UV rays. Use good quality products and follow a daily skin care regimen and stay hydrated to keep your skin nourished.
- Consistent exercise: Maintaining your new shape once your surgical site has healed is easy when you practice a routine exercise plan like cardio and strength training. Bonus: You’ll feel happier and more energized!
- Good nutrition: What you eat will impact your post-surgery body. Avoid excess sugar, dairy, and refined grains which tend to raise inflammation, swelling, and pain after your surgery. Once you recover, stick with a healthy diet and keep sweet treats to a minimum to protect your investment in having had body contouring. Retrain your tastebuds by enjoying lean proteins, nourishing fruits and vegetables, and plenty of healthy whole grains.
- Stress prevention: Chronic stress doesn’t just harm you mentally and emotionally but physically as well. It interferes with your libido and sleep quality, so it’s not surprising that it can also impact your surgery recovery, prolonging healing. Finding a practice you enjoy, like yoga, deep breathing or mindful meditation helps reduce harmful stress in your life while promoting faster healing.
To ensure a healthy recovery and maintain excellent results, be sure to follow all your post-surgery given to you by our team. Then implement the healthiest habits to enjoy the results of your procedure for as long as possible! Protecting your investment in yourself is both wise and rewarding so you can benefit from a higher quality of life. For example, avoid the risk of expanding the fat cells in your body from unwanted weight gain after your tummy tuck or liposuction.
Call To Schedule a Consultation
To schedule a consultation that can potentially transform your life, we invite you to call and schedule a visit with our surgeon. We offer surgical treatments and non-surgical and maintenance treatments to prolong your original results so you can live your best life!