Are you considering having cosmetic plastic surgery to boost the appearance of your facial features? If so, you are not alone. You have options to choose from, including having a facelift, eye lift, rhinoplasty, chin and cheek implants, or liposuction. These popular surgical treatments are done all the time, and this is evidenced by the 15.6 million cosmetic procedures done in the U.S. alone in 2014, according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
Ask your friends and family, and you will likely find that a high percentage of them would get plastic surgery if the opportunity presented itself. That is likely because how you look affects your emotional state and your chances of success. Here are some reasons people come to us for plastic surgery to improve their appearance.
- Improve what you were born with: Whether you want a more symmetrical face, a smaller nose, or less prominent ears, you can have that done!
- Turn back time: Plastic surgery can minimize your flaws, such as wrinkles, age spots, facial volume loss, and sagging skin.
- Revitalize your skin: Minimize acne, scars, sun spots, moles and hyperpigmentation to improve your skin.
- Improve function: It’s not just about aesthetics; we can correct issues with breathing and vision so you can breathe and see better, too.
- Increase job opportunities: How you look can affect how much you earn, so improving your appearance can boost your income and success.
- Expand your social and romantic options: It is no secret that attractive people tend to be treated more favorably and looked at as more desirable, healthy, and good-looking.
Cosmetic Surgery Options
One of the most common alterations is a facelift (a rhytidectomy), where our surgeon takes out excess facial fat, tightens facial muscles, and stretches facial skin to give your face a more smooth and firm aesthetic. We can treat the face, neck, or both as preferred. Skin is separated from the fat and muscle, the fat is removed, and the skin is placed back into place for a gorgeous result.
This surgical procedure involves removing excess fat and skin in the forehead area and then tightening the muscles. This option is ideal if you want to get rid of sagging brows or deep furrows in between your eyes. This lift can be done along with a facelift to give you the desired effect of the appearance of smoother, younger-looking skin.
A blepharoplasty can get rid of loose, sagging eyelids to eliminate years off your face as well as tone and shape the eyelids. Excess fat, muscle, and skin can also be removed on your upper and lower eyelids to give you an improved eye shape. If you have ptosis (droopy eyelids), a blepharoplasty can correct this for appearance or function. For your upper eyelids, it can help you see better. If done on your lower eyelids, it gives your eyes the contoured shape you want by getting rid of loose skin, fat, and shape irregularities.
Chin, Cheek or Jaw Reshaping
Altering the shape of your chin, cheek, or jaw can highlight certain facial features or create proportion with the other areas of your face. This can be achieved by placing an implant into your chin, cheek or jaw to give it the definition you desire.
If you want to get rid of excess fat under the chin, neck, cheeks, and jowls without getting a facelift, liposuction is a safe and effective alternative. It can give you a smooth, graceful neckline while restoring balance to facial features by providing a defined jawline and framing the rest of your face for a natural appearance.
With so many cosmetic surgery options available today, you can achieve the firmer, younger-looking features you want. We invite you to schedule a consultation to discuss your options and make the changes you need to look and feel your best!