Valentine’s Day is here, and what better time to show your smile some love while you get into the holiday mood? This month is a great time to finally commit to the orthodontic treatment your smile deserves for the smile you have always wanted. Today’s orthodontic options are faster, more discreet, and more affordable than ever.
Give Yourself a Straighter Smile
Enlisting orthodontic help to improve your smile means finding a qualified orthodontist with a proven track record of success, creating those winning smiles that make you want to smile from ear to ear without hesitation. Our orthodontic team is committed to giving you the best possible experience and the results you envision. Between our team’s expertise and your consistent daily care, following your at-home instructions can help you achieve your smile-straightening goals before you know it.
A straight smile is not just a physical improvement by itself. More and more, studies affirm that smiling can actually improve your life by encouraging you to feel more positive about smiling freely. When smiling becomes a natural habit, you will likely experience more success and happiness in your day-to-day life. It’s quite different than when you rarely smiled because you felt embarrassed about your teeth.
With proper orthodontic treatment, you’ll want to flash that smile, leaving you feeling and looking happier and mentally healthier. So, how can orthodontic care help your smile? By correcting malocclusions of the teeth and jaw, you can look forward to preventing the following conditions:
- Dental decay and tooth loss
- Bone loss from tooth loss
- Changes to your facial appearance
- Gum disease
- Speech issues
- Difficulty or painful chewing
- A painful bite
- Issues with TMJ, including jaw pain
Show Your Smile Some Love
Fixing these dental problems with orthodontic treatment can transform your outlook! To help you feel more like smiling, we recommend that you adopt the following:
- Implement a good oral hygiene routine. Always take the time to brush and floss your teeth as recommended by your dentist. For extra-oral protection and self-confidence, consider rinsing with an antibacterial mouthwash for fresher breath. Try a new toothpaste flavor, switch to a powered toothbrush (with a soft-bristled toothbrush head), or even a water flosser to make cleaning your teeth and gum line easier.
- For better mental health (when it comes to your smile), it’s important to be realistic. Avoid comparing your smile with those of the celebrities you see on social media and television. This includes influencers, actors and especially models. One reason for this is that their photos have more likely been enhanced or edited. Celebrities also typically spend money on cosmetic dental enhancements like teeth whitening, prosthetics or dental veneers.
- Start small by giving your teeth an extra boost by whitening them. Teeth whitening has the added benefit of brightening your whole smile. And when your teeth look white and bright, you’ll feel like smiling more often. Your dentist can help you achieve this goal with the safest and best outcome.
- Invest in orthodontic treatment. Whether you prefer braces or one of the clear aligner therapies available today, you can transform your smile and even your life. Our skilled orthodontist is happy to meet with you to evaluate your teeth, jaw and orthodontic needs to find what will work best for you while staying within your budget.
This Valentine’s Day, why not schedule your complimentary orthodontic consultation? You no longer need to be shy about your smile when help is at your fingertips. Our team has helped many people feel good about their smile and overall appearance, and you deserve to look and feel your best. The world is waiting for your smile!